2nds Challenge 2009
What: 2nds Reading Challenge
When: 1 January – 31 December 2009
Who: J. Kaye (J. Kaye’s Book Blog)
Rules: The challenge is to read a total of 12 books, written by authors that you have only read once before. The books do not have to be part of a series. List can be created/modified any time during the year.
Since I read many books written by new-to-me authors in the last two years, I decided that I would participate in this challenge because I had already made the decision to read them again in 2009. Below is a pool of books — or in some cases, just an author’s name — that I’ll read from. It’s by no means a complete list — it’s what I came up with to see if I had at least 12 authors to chose from. Some are part of series. In the instances where I list only the author, I’ve left it open as to which book I’ll read — based on mood or other challenges.
- Hail to the Chef (Julie Hyzy) — 2nd in the White House Chef series
- Ace is Wild (Penny McCall)
- My Lord and Spymaster (Joanna Bourne)
- Darth Bane: Rule of Two (Drew Karpyshyn)
- Heat Stroke (Rachel Caine) — 2nd in the Weather Warden series
- Kiss of Fury (Deborah Cooke) — 2nd in the Dragonfire series
- Dawnkeepers (Jessica Andersen) — 2nd in the Final Prophecy series
- A Regimental Murder (Ashley Gardner) — 2nd in the Captain Lacey series
- Suspense and Sensibility (Carrie Bebris) — 2nd in the Mr. & Mrs. Darcy series
- Lynna Banning
- Ann Elizabeth Cree
- Stephanie Doyle
- Diane Farr
- Jan Freed
- Kelly Hunter
- Ruth Ryan Langan
- Laura Caldwell
- Beverly Barton
I’ll post my progress on this page.
Update 30 Nov 08 — had the wrong book listed for the Mr. & Mrs. Darcy series.